Friday, April 16, 2010

Jim Rogers Likes Natural Gas in the Energy Sector

Jim Rogers on Natural Gas

Jim Rogers was recently talking investing in energy, and stated he's not selling energy at this time, even though it has doubled over the last 12 months.

It seems he's not buying energy, but he said if he was, natural gas would be his choice, as natural gas prices are depressed, while oil has been high for some time.

Rogers said, "If I were buying energy, I would probably buy natural gas rather than oil just because it’s so depressed. I don’t like to buy when things are up. I like to buy things when down, when people are unhappy that’s when I like to buy things."

I think Jim Rogers may be being a little coy here, as I'm sure he's putting some major money into natural gas, which has nowhere to go but up, and with Rogers liking long-term plays, natural gas fits right into that strategy.

No comments: