Monday, March 1, 2010

Kinross Gold (NYSE:KGC) Appointed to Russia's FIAC

Kinross Gold Appointed to FIAC of Russia

The appointment of Kinross Gold (NYSE:KGC) to the Foreign Investment Advisory Council (FIAC) of Russia, makes them the only company from Canada to be on the council.

Kinross has had a presence in Russia since 1995, and operationally runs the Kupol gold-silver mine in the Chukotka region of the Russian Federation. They have a 75 percent stake in the Chukotka Mining and Geological Company, while the the other 25 percent of the company is owned by the Chukotka government.

The FIAC includes 42 CEOs of companies doing business in Russia, and focuses on increasing the quality of the Russian business investment sector.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin chairs the council.

Kinross Gold Appointed to FIAC of Russia

No comments: